Bed and Breakfast in St Andrews, Fife
Situated a stones throw from the Castle, Old Fishergate House is one of the oldest houses in St Andrews dating from around 1650. Originally it was five fisherman’s houses but it has been beautifully renovated to make one comfortable house. The house was awarded a Pride of Place Certificate in 2005 by the St Andrews Preservation Trust. The house is very well situated in North Castle Street with the University, Byre Theatre, shops and the golf courses all within walking distance.
Angus and Jennifer Mitchell have lived here since 1988 although it was in Jennifer’s family since 1808 except for a period of 27 years from 1961. Many of the period details of the house have been kept intact and it has a natural welcoming charm creating a relaxed atmosphere and a haven from the bustling world outside.
Old Fishergate House is a member of the Scottish Tourist Board and has a grading of 4 Stars for Bed and Breakfast accommodation.